With our main office located in Toronto, Canada, we are always looking in our own backyard to see what is happening in the area of digital learning. Many Canadian head offices are here, as well as incredible startups that span the spectrum of technology and innovation with a focus on mobile, learning platforms and modern learner pedagogy. It's a fascinating and inspiring part of the world to be in.
With this in mind, we are thrilled to announce our third annual Digital Learning Summit happening in September 2018, downtown Toronto!
This year, we are thrilled to collaborate with and be joined by Ken Taylor, President of Training Industry Inc., a company whose mission is to “provide the information, insights and resources needed to more effectively manage the business of learning”. Ken's many years of experience in the field of corporate training at Training Industry equip him with a unique vantage point and certain knowledge on the industry trends and best practices that are helping companies succeed in the changing learning landscape.
We will also be joined by Dr. David Chandross (Professor in Residence, Humber College), a game guru and passionate visionary, with decades of experience in the gamification of learning space. Finally, SwissVBS' very own Silke Simons, Senior Producer, a seasoned pro in the instructional design and creative writing space will present on the concept of the learner being the most important stakeholder in any digital leaning initiative.
Some of the exciting topics we have on the agenda for 2018 include:
- Learning leader challenges and the modern learning system
- Virtual learning environments, serious games and authentic alignment
- Why the learner is your most important stakeholder
- How to use simple concepts of gamification in everyday instructional design
- How to address the needs of the modern learner in our changing learning landscape
- What “successful” companies are doing in the digital learning space